View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 21:59   Link #29576
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
No... I didn't just mention Higurashi... the other two have nothing to do with "hinamizawa" syndrome. And I didn't say that all the magic scenes in Umineko are like that. I'm just saying that the imaginary things Ange sees in EP4 do not necessarily imply that everything in the narration of Ange in 1998 is fake. And I cited other stories where this is definitely true.
Beside the fact that Ange is the only one who sees all these strange things is consistent with the idea that she just fantasies about them or that they are illusions, and this is in stark contrast with magic scenes in the gameboards where when a demon appears everyone sees it.
Hmm well I can't go with this, sorry. I didn't mean necessarily Hinamizawa discease, but basically the same sort of situation where someone's perception is genuinely altered. I just basically think that redefining magic scenes's logic to suit your specific need of your specific theory/belief doesn't go very well.
It's again, a bit too convenient.

Right in arc 1, btw, Battler is with Maria/Kanon/Kumasawa and they tell him that Beatrice is right there but he cannot see her.
What's so different?

Quote:
~ everything else
Bah I don't really think this is getting anywhere. Let's just say from my POV you are preventing yourself from approaching Umineko in a different light. I suppose if you are already satisfied with the story as it is, it makes a lot of sense to be that way.
However if you aren't, well maybe that's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'm not disagreeing with this at all. The information is useful and possibly important.

That doesn't mean any of that 1998 narrative actually happened, though. Not the slightest bit.
Just to support this further, that religious myth are not necessarily based on reality at all doesn't change that they can have a lot of value. Discarding the essence of a message based on realism things is pretty much missing the point to me. Sadly in that specific case it's that proponents and opponents both treat something figurative as literal.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote