View Single Post
Old 2011-01-25, 09:18   Link #21699
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
That's what he did. You just didn't like the answer.
Have you considered the possibility that you're giving a pass on otherwise indefensible literary techniques because you did like it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
I wonder if it really is the shock of people not being prepared for the Author Theory to be validated in EP8?
You do realize some of the most disappointed people are the core of the Author Theory camp, and a huge portion of the group that called this in the first place?

Ironic that you then launched into a discussion of rewriting history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Chill the hell out, guys. At this point the complaining is starting to go into very petty and whiny territory. At no point were we ever promised a "Solution" and there was a significant amount of foreshadowing for the catbox remaining closed forever; add on that the "mystery is solvable with EPS 1-4" and how Rokkenjima Prime is like non-existent at that point in the narrative and like, well...
It existed by then. And I'm seeing significant cognitive dissonance if you can accept "there won't be answers" and "you can solve it with 1-4." If there's not an answer, how can anyone solve it? Disregarding that he lies in interviews for sales...
Quote:
I don't know, maybe my existence is skewed to hell because all my favorite stories are stuff that rely on the userbase filling the blanks themselves, so Umineko's just sort of par for the course.
He mocked us for trying to do this, after telling us to do it. He's acting like a child.
Quote:
Or maybe I just subconsciously decided that the ride was so fucking awesome that Ryu's allowed a bungled ending, since he made such an epic story I'm not confidant on how he could conclude it much better.
He's good at some things. He was completely unable to close the deal. I'm not letting him off the hook for that. I know you and I disagree on a single fundamental sticking point though, so in terms of appreciation for the narrative we're always going to be shaky there.

Still, I'm not actually mad. Mad is when I PM you something that makes you stop speaking to me. I'm just passionate, like a swarthy matador.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote