View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 18:00   Link #27
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Above all, we are getting back to what Muv-Luv should be all about: Death and Despair!
Muv-Luv is a hell lot more than just death and despair, and it annoys to see it stereotyped in such a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Of course, these rebels will be put down, but one can only hope that our protagonists take their words to heart, as the rebels are absolutely right. It's like they were a voice for the viewer demanding to know why in the world with the world being overrun by alien, man-eating monsters, is so much time/episodes being spent on prototype mecha, sending pilots to the caribbean to party, and fake fighting tournaments.
I can't believe what I'm reading. The story has focused on test pilots because test pilots are what the story is about. Yes, Total Eclipse is a mere side-story to the real frontlines of the BETA war.

The fact that you were disinterested in the previous shenanigans (don't worry because I was, too) doesn't make the terrorists' reasoning right in the least. In fact, they're just a bunch of naive idiots who happen to be destroying precious resources and workforces. Test pilots are an asset in the war, as they perfect the technology and strategies used on the frontlines. In this war, knowing one's priorities are important; lesser human issues such as "equality" should wait until the BETA are gone.