Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 02:46   Link #879
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The advantage is mainly in the improved handling and mobility: fully upgraded, an Easy 8 has better power-to-weight ratio than a fully upgraded M4, resulting in better ability to accelerate and maintain speed when travelling. Also, the Easy 8 has a faster turning rate than the M4, which combined with above makes it a more nimble tank.

It's the gun that I find to be the best reason to have the Easy 8 over the M4. The 76mm M1A2 gun, while no different penetration and damage-wise from the 76mm M1A1, has a much faster rate of fire, making it more adept at on-the-move shots. It's easier to accept misses when running & gunning when you can fire off lost of shells within a shorter amount of time.
This, pretty much.

When I was playing the E8, it was the one tank I would actually use the autoaim function on regularly. I needed to watch where I was going while I'm circlejerking an enemy tank to make sure I don't hit a rock and come to a stop, and the M1A2 with vertical stabilizer attached is accurate enough on the move to make its many shots hit home.

Of course, I tend to be reckless with the E8, which accounts for my not-great win rate on it.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote