View Single Post
Old 2010-04-22, 07:20   Link #1020
Socke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well I'm also one of those snobs that puts OP a notch above Naruo and Bleach...Why? Well I think it's pretty simple...Unlike the other two OP has never obtusely made it's core fanbase (intensely) hate the show...I'm a Naruto fan who has despised that show at times (Although it finally good again)...I am a Bleach fan who currently despises that show..I've never felt anything close to that for OP and that's probably because of the overall integrity the show keeps at hand, even with filler-arcs...Yeah I'll complain about an arc being too long here or there, but for the most part I've never been made physically ill like I have for the other 2 shows...I mean being a Naruto and Bleach fan is a chore, being a OP fan in-comparison is just easy-street...

Additionally those who don't like OP's wonderful artistic slant, are the type I find that would eat Ranch Doritos at buffet filled with Top Chef h'orderves...Hey I like Doritos too...They're safe and you know exactly what type of flavor you're gonna get per munch, but dammit if I'm proud that's all I tried when there's so much more out there to be nibbled...
This is the last time I tell everyone else, not just to you why I hated One Piece. Just one more time. I saved the best(or worst) for the last.

I already seen One Piece in 2001. How old is 2001? Bleach manga made its debut, Naruto is not yet animated, DBZ fanbase is still strong outside Japan and internet fansubbing is still very new. I already seen it even before 4Kids dubbed it and please stop saying that I hated One Piece because of 4Kids' version.

Actually I seen OP much earlier than Naruto(which came out in 2002) and Bleach(2004). I watched OP because there it is a good alternative to DBZ despite its poor animation quality in its first few episodes. However few couple years later when I saw Naruto and Bleach, I knew OP is just another cash cows that going to join Naruto and Bleach later and I was right. I stopped watching OP because I just don't want to be one of those cows.

Another thing I hate about OP is what it did to entire pirate subculture. Those people in OP(except the villains) are never pirates to begin with. Perhaps the most "pirate" protagonist is Nami because she steals and lies, like all pirates. Even that doesn't make her cool because she steals just to save her village. In fact those protagonists are explorers rather than pirates. It much like they claimed themselves as rockers but in reality they are rappers. Pirates and explorers are two different big things.

Finally the biggest nail in the OP's coffin is its fans, I mean the newer ones. As I said earlier most of its fans are snobby ex-Naruto and ex-Bleach fans while I already seen OP in 2001, before both shows ever existed as anime form. They just couldn't shut up why OP fillers are better than Naruto's and Bleach's while they aren't. They never stop calling people who still loves Naruto as "Narutards" even they are no better to those Naruto fans at all. They all cows that milked by evil Japanese businessmen anyway.