View Single Post
Old 2011-06-12, 08:45   Link #30
Heiwatsuki

Oh! lolz. I see. Well, either way, the point was to filter out the more popular, I created this thread in the belief there the majority of people looking at this thread would have some knowledge about what anime dub likers watch. atleast some, so they would list the more unknown anime that are good.. I dont find popular a negative either, rather just something that shouldn't be listed if many people already know it ( regardless if they havent watched it, putting it up as a recommendation would be quite pointless ). In order to compensate for the fact that people have difference senses for mainstream, I said specifically anything that is away from the typical very known anime that ive listed , genre also having no importance. But an exception for those with an original plot. Hayate is of course mainstream in the eyes of a subber, its the same for me, however its plot is nothing common .
Everyones heard of death note amongst anime watchers, regardless of whether you watch dubs or subs. And everyone pretty much knows the general description of that anime. Its like that, im looking for an anime that has a quality that makes it unique. Look at Tengen Toppa gurren Lagann, as an anime it stands above the rest in a sort of way. Cenceroll also has that unique quality

Point: Any anime that is unique ( no shooting energy blasts, stomping the ground to create earthquakes, no typical school harem unless worth recommending ), Mushi-shi, Cenceroll, N.H.K ni Yokoso, and Hayate no Gotoku all have a unique quality that makes them distinct. Im sure subbers have atleast some sense to know what not to recommend,( Putting something like Full Metal Alchemist on a list is pretty pointless, no? )

-------------------------------

Quote:
My suggestion is to say what genre you want, then list those shows in the genre you've already seen. If somebody suggest something you've already seen don't get angry, just move on to the next recommendation. I think you'll find plenty of the shows you want here. You don't need to be so aggressive.
Sadly I don't have a preference. My anger rises from my withdrawal of a good anime. Ive become too dependent on anime as a way of escaping from reality. And for a while I havent been able to find a good anime.

Last edited by Heiwatsuki; 2011-06-12 at 09:00.