View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 23:28   Link #12
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^Made some good argument of how statics can fool/mislead people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
SS - Gildarts, Makarov-lvl here
Spoiler for Just in case: Related to current manga info/events:
Actually, Gildarts was implied to be at '10 year mission' level which is above SS class but failed his 100 year mission so not at that level. One would naturally assume someone taking on the 100 year mission with the guildmaster's permission had likely completed a 10 year mission or two before with ease.

D<C<B<A<S<SS< 10 Year < 100 year

So one could argue he's SSS class (or SSS+) but not SSSS class (assuming the Black Dragon was related to the 100 year quest and not just some random case of bad luck). Though '10 year' level seems the most accurate term cannon wise and doesn't become a game of semantics due to arguing over +/- ranking, since simply put we can assume he's completed a few of 10 year missions to be approved to go on the 100 year mission.

Now Gildarts vs Makarov I have no idea... since oddly we don't know if Gildarts is one of the Wizard Saints or not (assuming not since he never was called one before which is odd in so many ways). Nor do we know where Makarov ranks in those 10 mages... plus remember the list only includes legal mages in guilds, so not Hades, Jellal, or Bluenote.

My guess would be Jura, Jellal, and Laxus would be SS class mages and Bluenote, Makarov, Hades, and Gildarts being '10 Year' or greater mages. That's just my subjective take on their power levels though. Lets ignore nakama/DF powerups here though... so leaving Erza/Natsu off the SS class list for the moment since to me that more means potential to reach that level soon enough than actualization of SS class power levels constantly.