View Single Post
Old 2006-10-24, 14:13   Link #37
Caiobrz
Frantic Waller

Quote:
Uh, no. The closest thing to a Japanese federal police is the NPA. You should read the Police system of Japan, which outlines that the police is one big bureaucracy unlike the US where each police department is spearheaded by the city government. Besides, the SDF and the Police are notorious for disliking each other when it comes to terms of jurisdiction and control.
Sorry, I just said what I read at the fansub.

Quote:
Takano has essentially infinite resources compared to Rika - she has
money, people (adults) and the assistance of the military (brute force,
weaponry, vehicles) and some of these people are not at all bothered
by using dirty deeds and tactics.

Plus, you don't know how little she retains after each reset - and where
each reset occurs. Does she get a days warning to prepare? 10 days?
a month? Six months? A year? Does she start all over again from birth?
You see?

Another issue that comes to mind:
If a young girl between 8-10 years old in your neighborhood started
going on about secret government conspiracies and/or her invisible
friend and curses, would you pat her on the head and say "that's
nice, now go play with your friends" or would you believe her?
Yes, but I don't think that all that resources that Takano have can beat the fact that Rika has knowledge and infinite chances to change her life and Takano DOES NOT KNOW that ... so, what's the use of all those resources if she doesn't know Rika is reseting her life?

As I remember reading from KJ Q&A, and from the first clue on putting pieces together, she reset more than 100 times, and she goes back a few years and than this time reduces as Hanyu powers are getting weaker. Also, all she need to know is that she is going to get killed on summer 1983's Watanagashi's festival day, this is enough to start thinking about a trap.

I agree about the thing about "go play with your friends", but that's why I said she would need to talk to Oishi or whatever very early, so even at start they dismiss her as a child, when things start happening as she foretold, they would start giving her some credit don't you think? I mean, she foretold all the deaths, in detail, to Akasaka. He only learned too late that she was right. If she said that to Oishi instead of Akasaka, he would believe her by 1983 IMHO

Quote:
in minagoroshi-hen, you would understand it quite easely with the 3 rules : X, Y Z.
with them, you can understand how rika is trapped, and need EVERYONE will to break that silly fate.

unfortunately, the whole minagoroshi prologue is required to explain the whole rule fact.
this explains in fact the "unvaidable" events, the random factors, and the avoidable scenes.
er, where can I find this prologue, or I missed it at the tips? I read all of the pages though =/

Quote:
Prediction: once it catches on in the U.S. it will be licensed and
everyone will know about it. It just needs that "catch". I suspect
it will be absurdly popular too. I feel like we're members of a weird
little club who know about it before that tidal wave of interest.
Can't wait dude =p

I wonder if the DVD tips will be enough to help.

BTW as I see it, there is plenty of content to make a second season. Minagoroshi and Matsuribashihen seams to be really huge, before reading the clues I though "well they can make an OVA or a 12 episode follow up" ... but I think there is enough to make a full 26 episodes. I know studio deen is not that resourcefull, but HnNKn was such a huge sucess that they might consider doing it, after all ... profit XD

Last edited by Caiobrz; 2006-10-24 at 14:16. Reason: (added second season comments)