View Single Post
Old 2006-10-29, 15:41   Link #577
Shilar
Personal Opinions

Send a message via ICQ to Shilar Send a message via AIM to Shilar Send a message via MSN to Shilar Send a message via Yahoo to Shilar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Excuse me but WTF are you talking about?
Well, lessee.... FIRST MKV I ran into was h.264/AAC/ASS, second was Xvid/MP3/ASS, third was Divx/AAC/ASS.... need I say more?

Quote:
YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
SHOW ME AN EASY WAY TO DO IT RIGHT ON A COMPUTER THAT HATES MOST OF THE ANCIENT, NON-MKV NATIVE CONVERTERS THEY MENTION FOR CONVERTING!

Oye, I can do caps too, shows how idiotic it looks huh? Now, I am doing it right for installing, but I have major install problems, or the program doesn't like ASS, or the Kanji does not register, et al.

Quote:
Original MKV? Off-shoots? What?
See first answer.

Quote:
The sense is unmaking
Speak goodly in English, yes?

Quote:
I can't speak for any other cons, but on the few occasions that we've used fansubs straight off (as opposed to R2 DVD's with fansub subtitles) on UppCon (Sweden's largest anime convention; 1700 visitors last time around - I'm responsible for the anime screening section), we've used MKV more than once, without problems.
Well, I've never seen it at A-kon (via computer from friends), nor Animefest, in any of the rooms they show anime. MP4's shown alot, but not MKV.

Quote:
And I guess this finally proves that you have NO CLUES WHATSOEVER when it comes to MKV. DivX and Xvid are CODECS, not containers, and both can be (and frequently are) contained in MKV.
Also, transcoding stuff from MKV is really freaking simple for people with more than two braincells and the ability to follow written instructions. Use mkvextract to get any softsubs, then use directshowsource with convertfps=true, and BAM! Instant hardsubbed AVI, or whatever you want.
DID I SAY MKV WAS A #%&*#^&&*#^$*(#& CODEC, OR DIVX/XVID WAS A %#$%#&(*&% CONTAINER?! Ahem, First crashed, second lost all Kanji.... I did try that.

Quote:
I just ask that people be wary of YOU, lest they start to believe your nonsense.
Hey I'm just voicing an opinion. If you feel offended, then I'm sorry. First you told me that MKV has always been standardized, but when I extract MKV's, I easily see otherwise. If they were standardized, we would have a program that even newbies can use to play them on iPods, without having to rant on boards that return fire with clueless, ego-busting, inept flames on "oh it's sooo clear/You suck for changing it to AVI/etc." Total Video Converter, which I bought for FLV converting says MKV support is from the older ones, not the other flavors I've seen (didn't work on any of the MKV's I have, no subs).

Quote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but that's definitely not my goal. Quite the opposite, actually, and why the heck should I care about US licenses anyway?
Then no wonder it's going downhill at Animefest... They resorted to using commercial US Anime for half the room...

Last edited by Shilar; 2006-10-29 at 16:02.
Shilar is offline   Reply With Quote