View Single Post
Old 2007-12-19, 16:58   Link #54
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1ft3r View Post
Hate to say it man but that's the law and i don't see anyone changing it anytime soon....

It's just something that you'll have to accept.

So what your saying is that the age doesn't matter, if the crime is still committed by a 7 year old he/she should still be treated as an adult in the court of law?

Have u ever been a juvenille? because if you have been then i think that you would see things differently and be a little more merciful on the second chance idea.
What the legal system says should NOT be equated with "justice" (an ideal that is completely individual and abstract). I believe that what we're talking about is the "just" punishment for Makoto's behavior. Does he deserve death? Talking about the legal system doesn't even make sense, because Makoto did NOT break any laws. Unfortunately, being a complete ass is not a crime.

Being a juvenile should not be an excuse to escape responsibility. A 14 year old plotting and killing his entire family is no different from an 18 year old who commits the same act. Granted, a 10 year old accidentally swapping his dad's water for Clorox is different from a 18 year old doing this intentionally, but that is more a matter of intent and understanding the consequences of your actions. Age should not lessen Makoto's responsibility because he is old enough to know the consequences.

The point is, Makoto did what he did, and just because he ran away from the consequences doesn't mean he doesn't understand them. There is no excuse.

I agree with Deathkillz, he should just be castrated. For obviously failing as a human being and being fugly as hell, he shouldn't pass on his genes. However, killing him is probably too far to go. Who knows, maybe he'll commit suicide from not being able to have sex ever again