Thread: Licensed Kuroshitsuji Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-08, 17:48   Link #619
matsunaga_hisahide
Ravages of time-Zhang Fei

Man o man...really liked the ending.

Sadly, I canīt quite follow why some say itīs such a boring and predictable end.

I knew Sebastian was probably ending up with an empty stomach, but the way they did it...was just epic.
Seriously, they shed a lot of light onto a demon life. Demons being "dead inside" because of their immortality and thus being driven into madness by tasting a drug called Ciel like Claude (to some extent Sebastian too) or adapting feelings towards an innocent child (Hannah).

Alois Trancy seriously had one crapload of a life and it ended like that...thankfully Hannah was there and now he is the one who gets to "live" happily with his little brother, Hannah - the demon who finally found happiness and Claude - the demon who realized that the thing he was hunting for was allready in his hands but he lost it thanks to Ciel.

So in the end, the only ones that truly have to suffer are Ciel, who now bears the cross of immortality and all the hardships that come alongside the demonbeing (like not being able to taste "normal" food as was mentioned by Sebastian) and Sebastian who now has to serve another demon as his underling, for all eternity, never being able to the devour the soul he longed for.

Itīs a great ending for all those who liked Alois/his little brother, as well as Hannah and Claude, since they are now united for all eternity, but also for the Ciel/Sebastian fans, seeing as this could hint an open end for more OVAs/another seasons, as well as many possible fanfictions.

Great work. Though opinions differ, so Iīm not critizising anyone for his takes on this season, but personally I really liked it.