View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 02:45   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Author's note: Though I've written this in a style similar to japanese light novels, it is a fairly western story. So though it may seem that some plot elements are resolved far too quickly, they're really just setting up for the more complex elements to come later. I admit drawing a small bit of inspiration from the series called REC! which seems to be unique in anime (inspiration, not copying). As noted, the story is "seinen + bits of shoujo/josei". This is the first time I've tried writing stories since high school but I'll try to make the ride interesting if not smooth. Thanks to anyone who gives it a look.

There is language (one character in particular has a tendency to be profane) and there are adult situations, definitely some "R" moments but I don't intend to be crass or shallow.

The initial setting is in Portland, Oregon. If you watch the supernatural series “Grimm” or have seen “Portlandia”, you may recognize some locations. Write what one knows, they say. Also, I feel like I've developed some fairly complex interesting characters, so I'm expecting the characters to help me write this, as it were.

And here we go.

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-04-23 at 19:59.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote