View Single Post
Old 2013-04-17, 11:18   Link #1
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
"Artist Challenge" Thread on Fan Creations Subforum.

This was an idea I recently had.

We have a fair number of really good artists here on Anime Suki. The current approach is that each artist gets one thread to put his or her work in.

I can see value in artists not splitting up their work through numerous threads, as it could make it hard for people to navigate the subforum.

However, I do have an idea here that I think might allow for some new and interesting possibilities.

Why not create a stickied "Artist Challenge" thread for the Fan Creations Subforum? Anybody could post an "Artist Challenge" into this thread, and artists could decide whether or not to give it a go.

The artistic challenge could be something like "Can you draw characters from Anime ABC cosplaying as characters from Anime XYZ?" or "Can you draw a romantic picture between Anime Characters D and G?" or even "Can you draw these anime characters in a cross-over situation with these characters from other media?"

Anybody could make these artistic challenges, including artists themselves.

Personally, I think this could be a lot of fun! I myself have a few ideas for "Artist Challenges" that I'd love to put out there (gradually over time).

So, what do people here think?