View Single Post
Old 2009-06-12, 16:50   Link #127
azarhal

Replying to germanturkey post in episode 22 thread:

Quote:
Nina is hypocritical because she doesn't accept Layfon's values of do anything to live, yet she keeps her closet ideology of do anything to save the city to herself. and frankly, she annoys me as a character. lets take a look at her character progression through the series.
I don't see how not liking or accepting somebody values can be seen has hypocritical. She's didn't said that he had to do things her way. She just didn't see how she could work with somebody who didn't seem to care about anything else then his own life. You should note that Nina didn't know anything about Layfon at that time and his attitude didn't help the matter either.

Quote:
fairly weak platoon member, more bronze than brains, yet not too much bronze either.
That weak platoon member was recruited in her first year (as seen in the 2 year earlier city match) and was accepted as a platoon captain in her second year. If you fallowed the anime, you'll see that a platoon can be disbanded at any time by the President. If she was so weak, I think that the platoon would have been disbanded by now.

By the way, Vance (the guy in charge of all the platoon) used exactly the same strategy that Nina used for his match against Mayath: Layfon as bait. If that is lacking brains, well Zuellini is truly screwed then.

Quote:
layfon arrives, "holy shits" at his strength. Finds out she's an ant compared to him.
As did everybody else.

Quote:
17th starts to win. misconception that she assumes she's growing stronger.
Well, she was training a lot with Layfon...and we didn't see any of those match so we can't really comment if Layfon was the only factor in those victories or not.

Quote:
17th fights without Layfon. finds out she's still weak.
The first platoon is a full platoon: That mean 7 people, 1 Fellis-like and 6 warriors. 2 warriors went after Sharnid and Shena...That mean that Nina beat 3 warriros and lost against the school best soldier after Layfon: Vance.

I wouldn't call her weak for that.

Quote:
finds out what happened to Din/why he did what he did. criticizes him for it.
same thing happens to her. she keeps it to herself/accepts it.
I don't remember Nina taking drugs.