View Single Post
Old 2009-07-04, 23:55   Link #16
therationalpi

Animation Quality: 9

There was a strong attention to detail in the instruments, which I greatly appreciate. The character designs were appropriate for a moe series, and each seemed to fit the character's personalities quite well. You can see the looser style that Kyoto Animation has been employing more and more over the years, but it really seems to work with a series of this nature.

Voice Actors: 9

The voice acting, by and large was very strong. However, I felt that Tsumugi seemed a bit too much like a caricature.

Script: 8

There were many good jokes in the script, and the comedy was usually pretty solid. However, as a musician, I felt that the musical jokes they made were pretty bland. Some people complain that K-On didn't focus enough on music, but I was happy that they didn't because that was usually when things took a turn for the worst.

Soundtrack: 10

What can I say? I love the opening theme. It's cute, it's energetic, and it's catchy. The ending is also very good, and the background music is appropriate. If you enjoy J-Pop and J-Rock you will find something to love in this series.

Enjoyment: 9

I usually had a smile on my face when I watched this series. Everything about the show was very very cute. Thus, I would rate my enjoyment very high.

Emotional Involvement: 6

Emotional involvement is not a big deal in this series, to me. The show is meant primarily for humor. When I want emotional involvement, I'll turn on something that's source material came from Key.

Overall: 8