View Single Post
Old 2009-08-12, 06:58   Link #1160
Tifany Ushiromiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Same, only because it's too obvious. Then again maybe it's not the question of "who is the mother" rather than "what's the sin"? It's only implied that the 'Asumu isn't your mother' is related to the sin, but we have nothing assuring that.
*person spoiling herself because she just can't wait*
I've yet to finish EP.4 but from what I've been spoiled that even if the "Asumu isn't your mother" isn't related to the sin the rest of it all "You're not Ushiromiya Battler" may be related. I mean, the stakes can be quite picky and twisted when blaming people of a sin, right? Maybe Battler's sin is also twisted and hard to find because only a person who's looking for a sin would notice it that way.

For example, my theory is that Battler's sin is 'suicide' or 'abandonment', in other words his sin was when he ran away from his family and used Asumu's family name for six years. If we look at it from a theoretical standpoint and are picky we could say that for six years Ushiromiya Battler was missing, dead, because Battler was using another family name and thus denying his existence as Ushiromiya Battler himself. We could consider that that action is in itself a way to kill Ushiromiya Battler, thus the "your sin caused the death of one person", and since he did it himself it would be like suicide which is a sin almost everywhere in the world. How could that be related to the deaths of people in the island? Well, I've the feeling that maybe despite the siblings opinions about George being the best suited to be the heir, maybe Kinzo considered Battler better heir. I've seen even Genji saying how much Battler looks like Kinzo when he was young and such and if we consider that despite being dead some scenes about Kinzo that we've seen are real (flashbacks), I've not seen Kinzo complaining about Battler besides the "he ran away from the family and betrayed our honor", which compared to the rest of the family is pretty petite of a complain. So maybe six years ago Kinzo felt Battler was better suited or something but then Battler ran away and Kinzo was left with a bunch of vultures and all that shit, and it wasn't a thing of one year or two, no, it was six years. Six frigging years, I can see Kinzo receiving the news about his close death and decide to throw it all through the window, not leaving anything behind because he has lost all interest in that and the only thing he has left is Beatrice's smile and yadda yadda. Which would lead to the start of all the shit in Umineko. /random theory

*goes back to her corner*
Tifany Ushiromiya is offline   Reply With Quote