View Single Post
Old 2011-12-14, 03:49   Link #81
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
I really think many dislike Yozora not because of her personality but because their favourite Sena got served most of the time.
Exactly what I've been saying from day 1. Try imagining Rika in Sena's place.

Spoiler for Rika instead of Sena?:

I'm pretty sure Yozora sympathizers would increase dramatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Being fleshed out is not necessarily the best thing that can happen to a character. Complacency. With Sena, what additional piece of information have we learnt about her personality wise since say vol 3 of the novel? Is there any extra dimensions to her character or she's already been molded into a particular sterotype?
Well, to be fair, you have to realize that most people only watch the anime (which is still in the 3rd volume). And even those that do read the novels, they most likely have only read up to the middle of the 4th volume, unless they have other sources to read them from.

So I don't really blame people for finding Sena a better and more fleshed out character, because she has been focused on in the first few volumes (and even more in the anime). From then on, however, as potchip has said, she really hasn't changed much from the 3rd volume.

She had a somewhat development in volume 7, on her outlook on whether one should focus more on the future or the past, but that was really it.

It's almost as if there was nothing more to add to her character. Even Rika and Yukimura had development later on. It's really a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineThat View Post
Anyway i'm amazed at the level of dislike i'm seeing people have for Yozora from the likes of here, MAL and other sites/blogs.
Oh god yeah...over there, there's this guy regularly going defensive and offended whenever Yozora gets appreciated or Sena not getting the praise she deserves. Just saying it's much better here.

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.

Last edited by VVolf; 2011-12-14 at 04:03.