View Single Post
Old 2022-05-22, 16:27   Link #3810
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Eh, I dunno about that. Other than this debut (because they aren't going to let a debut be them jobbing), they might get a decent amount of screen time but on the whole it's basically just the Ikki and Vice show.

I mean, Sakura debuted as like a tier 1.5 Rider, and hasn't gotten an upgrade even though we're up to tier 4 or so. Live might get jobbed like no tomorrow, but other than this particular episode he at least usually fought upwards to trigger those jobs.

I'd say the bigger issue is they focused on Ikki and Vice for so long that now they don't have any story left for them until the rest of the overall story hits a certain point, so they HAVE to focus on other characters.
Feels like they're kind of spinning their wheels with Ikki and Vice at this point but that's not uncommon in the leadup to the Final Form arc.

Sakura may as well be the real secondary Rider at this point considering the level of treatment of her and her plots versus, say, Daiji. I think it's clear who Kinoshita is more invested in writing at any rate.