Thread: Licensed Kuragehime (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-07, 20:48   Link #217
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Just caught up to 3 today...and at the long discussions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My point is, like Sarai-ya Goyou - the show which preceded it on Noitamina by a season - Kuragehime is all about the subtleties and moral ambiguities of human behavior. It's not going to lend itself to easy analysis and moral judgment. My suspicion is that everyone on the show is going to be a little bit right and a little bit wrong most of the time, and usually not quite succeed in relating to each other they way they'd like to. I think it's a show that's going to reward patience and open-mindedness and occasionally frustrate by taking its time to get where it's headed.
THIS. I was also a bit put out by Kuranosuke basically steamrolling Tsukimi, although it's possible that's the only way he might be able to show her another form of herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
methinks her normal looks are better. :P
I actually like her normal face better, and my distaste for pink had me hating the dress. But, I believe that the author may be trying to say here that the important thing is to really become someone you like, to like yourself for who you are. As was mentioned before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Putting aside looks, you can't be a princess if you don't feel like one.
So what is this series about? I think is about Tsukimi understanding what it really means to be a princess. That it's not just about looks or attitude, but about shaping your life in the way you want it. Some times you're content with your life as it is, but some times you need it to change, because you know that what you really want is something else.
If you're not happy with something about your life, then you should try to change it so that you can be happy about it. Whether it's TRULY accepting yourself for what you are (in Tsukimi's case, it would be going out in her normal clothes without feeling the social criticism etc) or actually change yourself into someone you are TRULY happy with. You shouldn't feel like you have to hide yourself away from the rest of society.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote