View Single Post
Old 2013-11-26, 00:48   Link #1089
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Oh wait, of course! The magic world would've been doomed if Negi and crew had done nothing! That's a good thing! An entire world and its inhabitants were saved! Now it's a matter of seeing if they were saved only to become elitist douchebags. I hope they at least stopped treating dryads like garbage.
This just gave me way too much of a Tales of Symphonia vibe.
Ditto about the dryads, though. Of course, their horns still are ingredients for a kickass medicine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Would a perfectionist like Negi really have 'died satisfied' as Eva said in Negima 353, in a future like this? Because things didn't go to pot in the mere two years after Negi's death, obviously. Does this mean this isn't the Asuna Bad Future? Or did Eva lie then?
At this point, we don't know which future this is. Akamatsu did mention the possibility of looking into other possible timelines barring the ones shown in Negima. Most likely, this is not the same timeline where he 'died satisfied'.

Plus, with the summary of the series saying:
Quote:
In the decade since the world became aware of the existence of magic, the world has undergone massive upheaval.
I don't really get why people are acting all surprised. We have been seeing the upheaval the world has undergone first hand since Eva and Touta left the countryside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Regarding people expecting for a redeeming genre shift, remember: The sole reason why Negima got an abrupt shift is he started it in a genre he didn't want to do anymore. UQ Holder is supposed to be the action story he always wanted to tell (which makes it even more puzzling why it's so bland so far, especially since it's his last project- if I wanted to close my career with my dream project, I'd try to make it amazing in every chapter), so a major shift is less likely here. And remember, Love Hina and AI Love You remained true to their respective genres to the end, and they didn't become particularly 'smarter' along the way either.
Remember that in the first 20+ chapters of Negima that Akamatsu spent time developing the framework for Negima's story. Even when it was still harem antics, there were hints of genre shifts in the works since the beginning.
He is doing the same thing here. The past chapters have been mainly spent developing the world that has resulted. As such, we're not awaiting any major shift. We're awaiting the point when the world building has been completed to a satisfactory enough level that the pace can pick up and so that we can get into the story.

Last edited by Hiss13; 2013-11-26 at 00:58.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote