View Single Post
Old 2009-04-06, 00:41   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hai, the "greatest Tales on the PS2"'s story ends.

And it was a big disappointment. I guess that as Tales, it has a default part that is interesting, but in general, everything was disappointing.
The story uses so much terminology, there are parts you can't understand. The actual story was full of people that should be dead but keep on coming back for some wonderfully wonderful reason, wasn't exactly the most interesting, and the ending was what... ? Luke just comes back after a few years? For no reason? Why is he revived? Don't tell me he survived but it took him those years to swim all the way back from the island?
And then the fights... Horrid. One hit deaths, cheat song that just finishes everything, etc. So in the end, what was the reason for Largo's armor if a single arrow kills him?

And very surprising of Tales, but by the end, I did not like the entire party.
Jade and Anies... Anies was purely annoying and Jade was the unforgivable version of Tenebrae.
Natalie, I'm indifferent. Nothing amazing or special...
Tear has as interesting of a personality as the rock on the side of the road (and as the owner of the cheat song, I have a bit of a grudge.
Guy was probably the most likable one around. As expected of Nice Guy. 3G.
Luke... Before he cut his hair, he was very entertaining, that idiocy. Then what, he cuts his hair and looses any personality he had. Incredibly boring guy... Bleh...
Can't exactly say the bad guy was exactly unique either.

The character designs, OP, and ED are the few things good about this though.

The visual quality of the art was... up and downs. There were some episodes that were just strange here.
And no one can forget Ache's run in the OP. Now that is funny. So I'll give a point for this.

Haa... Well, let's look at the good points. Thanks to seeing the anime, I don't have to bother looking for play videos of this thing.
Yet it is a shame to see this animated over Rebirth or Legendia, which had stories that were far better than this thing... Haaa...
Come to think of it, there wasn't much name screaming was there? Wanted to do it along... Claireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee!!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)