View Single Post
Old 2009-08-26, 21:32   Link #19098
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Let me try to add something brief to what HikariNiwa just wrote...

My edit is in bold... followed by my new suggested additions.

Kyonko: I didn't really catch all of that, but if the female Haruki here can support our world, why can't Haruki?

Itsuko: Certainly, that is true. However, consider this; The Suzimiya-san of this world created our Suzumiya-san, giving him the exact same powers as herself. You understand that correct?

Kyonko: Well, I guess...

Itsuko: Then I will continue; as the Suzumiya-san of this world is the one who gave our Suzumiya-san his power, she is the one who is supplying him with those powers in the first place, therefore, if she no longer wishes for him to have powers, then our Suzumiya-san will also lose all of his powers, as they are connected to hers. ...Unless...

Itsuko placed her chin in her left hand for a second, and I could tell that she was straining to properly evaluate all the possibilities that she could discern, as usual.

Kyonko: Yes, please go on.

Itsuko:... Well, there perhaps is a certain unquantifiable chance that the Suzumiya-san of this world is no longer in contact with the power that our Suzumiya-san has, and ergo, is unable to lessen or manipulate those powers from afar. In sharp contrast to what Einstein may expect a being like the Suzumiya-san of this world to do, perhaps that Suzumiya-san has chosen to play dice with our universe, as it is; infusing it and her male copy with immense power, and then allowing it to forever more play out as it will.

Kyonko: I... think that I like this second possibility better. It would mean that our universe is more... independent and self-sufficient, is that correct?

Itsuko: Probably. There are still many undetermined variables that I will need to find a way to account for in order to come to a firmer stance on just what is facing us. For the moment, however, it may be best to prepare for the worst.

I always hate it when Itsuko sounds like that...