View Single Post
Old 2009-09-06, 10:40   Link #1691
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
@Mentar: I see his point.
He means girfriend-boyfriend relationships aren't neccessary that strong. That kind of commitment is more resembles the mariage. And his other point was that the thing Reiji said to Cal then wan't surely romantical. A protective brother with a strong relation could've said something similar to her little sister.
Again, whether or not it was romantic in nature or a little sister relationship is beside the point - both kinds of relationships are commitments which should not be shrugged off orion-style as some irrelevant triviality. And topping it off by calling anyone "immature" who disagrees with this selfish notion is getting me seriously angry, simple as that. This is exactly the kind of irresponsible selfish stuff which I consider so disgusting in the modern times.

17th_Warrior called Cal dumb for considering herself Reiji's "ex", to which I pointed out that she has more than enough justification to see it like this. Does the anime make it perfectly clear if the relationship was romantic/sexual or brother/sister? No, it intentionally leaves some ambiguity. In ep23, we learn that at least Cal sees it as the former, and most definitely there is at least no objective knowledge that would contradict her.

The anime handling is fine as is.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote