View Single Post
Old 2010-08-20, 13:05   Link #92
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Grand Fisher is known to have been the first test of the hougyoku on a preexisting arrancar as he became an arrancar at the end of his arc. It is clear that D-roy also was upgraded as he appered as an arrancar at the same time with a snake like lower half. Spoon boy was also shown to have changed some what from the pre hougyoku flash backs.
Jeez. Those two-three pages that point that out happened so long ago...I'm not surprised to see I forgot about it. So point taken. I stand completely corrected.

Quote:
The new data book has spelled out that "most of the Espada" were VL class.
I'm well aware of that.

Quote:
As for what Hitsugaya said at that time there were only 10 known captian class shingami in ss nothing short of a captain class shinigami would be able to take a VL and even then the outcome of that battle is a toss up.
A lot of the translations I've come across either directly state or heavily imply non-arrancar VL's to be even stronger than the average captain. This seems to be the source for all the disappointment. If normal VL's were supposed to be superior to "average" captains, then the arrancar VL's should've performed much better than they did. But a lot of them ended up being defeated in 1-on-1 battles against captain lvl opponents. The top 3 were really the only ones to sort of live up to the expectations in that regard.