View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 14:16   Link #127
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Character's growth meanwhile are slow but logical. You don't have that rushed relationship you usually have. In lieu of the last episode, Oreki only realised there and then that he actually liked Eru, but kept it to himself. Would you blurt out a confession out of the blue the moment you realised you like someone? I doubt it right. You'd take your time to handle your feelings first, as what both Eru and Oreki are doing.
Yeah. In a lot of anime, the confession is the alpha and omega of a love story. One part confesses, the other accept, and then they... live happily ever after, I guess? Or maybe one or both die. We're not really supposed to care.

Here, it's a love story that deals with the past (the old attitude, the old wounds and fears Houtarou has to give up) and, much more importantly, the future. Because Eru isn't just Eru. She's also the heir to the Chitanda family, and her future is already set. If Houtarou wants her, he has to want all of her. And he's barely started getting acquainted with that aspect of her. Which intimidates the hell out of him, to boot.