View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 19:29   Link #218
cyth
Banned

Man, some people just keep on moving the goal post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Quite honestly I think people who are fascinated with Makishima are trying to create bullshit excuses to weasel around the fact that Makishima would be just as eager to slaughter people under any circumstances. You'd be just as much of a sheep for a guy like him as a resident of the Sybil Dystopia.
Come on now, what this is is merely speculation over what kind of character Makishima is going to turn out in the end. I will be the first to admit I have high expectations for Makishima, and I desperately hope any inconsistencies don't ruin that.

Quote:
Really people. Do you think that fundamentally, most of you are much more incredible than somebody like Yuki? You really think that if you were made helpless and had a knife to your throat, you wouldn't be just as pathetic? If you think otherwise, it's the most profound and disgusting kinda arrogance.
She was in an unadvantageous tactical position and it was her body that was in grave danger, her humanity wasn't under threat. Assuming she was born under Sibyl, she had very little chance to claim her humanity. Makishima and Kougami have decided for themselves that they wanted to express their will by being self-sufficient through honing their tactical skills, but this decision concerns only them. Really, her being slaughtered in such a dehumanizing fashion was merely a symbolic act.