View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 20:59   Link #114
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
But I'd go a little further in the specifics you've given since you complained that he focused on Hidan rather than the rest of your points (although I'll also adress him).
Hidan is a textbook cartoonish (and underdeveloped) vilain, there is nothing particulary mature or complex about him, he is an evil man who live to kill and kill to live. I don't see why you think him more mature than.... Well pretty much any and all other vilains in the story to be honest. He was violent -which as James already noted is vastly different than mature- but not much more violent than the others.
there are two types of maturity at play here. my argument has been marketing basically. i never said hidan was an intelligent character himself or by design, i said he was a character for a mature audience. to me at least, he pushes the boundaries for the 12 year old market. the movies scream or friday the 13th are meant for mature audiences. not 12 year olds.

the other aspect of maturity is complexity which obviously is not hidan, but some of the other examples i mentioned. i also said a while back in this thread that naruto isn't exactly mensa-material either. i do think it is more than just 12 year old material though as evidenced by our debates about plenty of things (other than pairings which i have never even taken part in)

i feel like unless we are talking about a philip k dick novel or mark twain or something of that caliber, then you and james will reduce anything to childish, immature and simple. there doesn't seem to be any middleground here which is where i think naruto belongs (from 12 to young adult) but i've said all i have to say on it so thanks for the discussion
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote