View Single Post
Old 2012-06-01, 07:51   Link #71
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Naw... no one really cares about the swords here. It's mainly that people like the VAs in the anime and then it translates into popularity in the manga. Case in point - Hitsugaya. The Japanese VA is insanely popular here so everyone loves his character.

Kira's very Japanese... maybe that's part of it too. I can't really think of any other way to explain it. They've got this whole "tatemae" culture here and it makes sense if you look at his character.
ah, park romi, the japanese-bred korean actress and singer. she's easily my favorite female seiyuu as well. she voiced my favorite female anime character, teresa of the faint smile of claymore, and edward elric of full metal alchemist. i suppose i understand sakurai takahiro's popularity as well. he was also cloud strife and sasori in naruto, after all.

hmmm... kira embodies the tatemae culture? i guess so. he does seem like the overly polite type who adheres to tradition. he does seem to put up a front but you don't really know what's going on inside.

Quote:
LOL! My bad.

No one can deny though that taking a character like that, who is really very light and brings an element of faith, cheer and positiveness to even the worst scenarios, and killing her off would make a serious statement about the power of these new rivals.
i wouldn't mind if she got killed off. at this point, i don't really care who lives or dies as long as i get what i need from kubo, which is a half-decent ending for this manga that i used to have such high hopes for.