View Single Post
Old 2013-02-23, 16:48   Link #71
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I personally still believe the rats are the human groups who never developed PK (the ones that were unaccounted for).

If they were created I believe it was the scientist group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
That brings up the question of what happened to the scientist group. They created this society and its self-checks but where did they go? Did they implement everything on the survivors of the dictator era as well as themselves? Why did they seem to disband after that?

It does seem like a possibility that it's the non-PK humans. I had thought the scientist group was fairly enlightened, what sick reason could they have to convert a HUGE part of the population to that? Ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
That I have no theory on...
Well, I do.

A) What happened to the scientists? They're running the village. (Question: Saki awoke to her power late? What would have happened to her, had she not awakened to it at all?)

B) Why transform humans into bakenezumi? Improved soldiers to fight cantus users. Those mutants don't occur naturally. Either the bakenezumi make them on purpose, or it's in their genetic code to be able to produce them. The bakenezumi were probably anti-cantus-user shock troops from the beginning. [If this is true, imagine the moment Yakumaru found out... Having a Queen rule them is suddenly not just a biological inevitablility, but an engineered attempt at social and genetic control. You can tailor an entire colony to your needs, after all, by only tampering with one individual. Mole rats are the only mammals that offer that opportunity, and mammals would be more compatible with humans than insects...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Drawing a blank on what the point of an infant rat is going to have next episode. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Are the blue eyes supposed to signify something?
The show's real couple: Saki x Kiroumaru.

Seriously, I'm intrigued, too. I have no theories at all.

Add me to the people who didn't quite understand how the child defeated Shiisei, and what that's got to do with cantus leakage. My best guess is that when you use your powers, those powers have to connect somewhere with the outside world, so you can never defend yourself completely. It's also possible that Shiisei is very sensitive to other people's cantus (e.g. the shockwave in that Shun-scene). I'm wildly guessing, but I don't quite get it. I think I might have missed something vital.