View Single Post
Old 2009-04-19, 03:58   Link #289
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
While it is very similar to the old grpahic style there are quite a few differences. I for one am glad they kept the old style because it just gives the show this type of originality, I guess. I don't really know how to explain it, but anyways about the differences.

Kai has a widescreen border that gives it a more "cinematic" feel. The biggest difference is the color contrast. This gives a much smoother look to the show and it gives backgrounds a nice watercolor like effect. Grain, like in the original, is still present in Kai. Thats one of the few let downs I had, because I was hoping it would be a little more "clean" looking.

Here is a picture of Raditz for quality comparison.

ORIGINAL
Spoiler for image size:

DRAGONBALL KAI
Spoiler for image size:
That comparison-image seems to be comparing Kai with the "remastered" DBZ-sets, which had some downright horrible color-alteration, so it's not exactly a good way to compare it. (Let me put it like this: The sky in the background during Goku and Vegeta's battle had a green tint to it in the original, but on FUNi's sets, it was clear blue. Yeah, they sure did a great job "preserving the original colors" and all that...) If you're gonna make a comparison, you pretty much have to use the japanese DVD-footage, as that's the only way you're gonna get the image the way it's actually SUPPOSED to look.