View Single Post
Old 2010-12-23, 15:51   Link #7443
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
I'm finding it amusing that you're telling me to read the chapter, but none of what you're discussing about this chapter has anything to do with the actual dialogue.
What I meant was read every chapter first to understand what's going on, what thecharacter's are saying, what the chapter's about, and not using the knowledge comparable to a raw reader for debate (I.E. Through Using Body Language).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Sometimes it's not the words themselves that are important, it's the emotions displayed physically that depict what is being said.
Sometimes you can get more out of a situation by knowing what is being said, such is not the case for this chapter.
(It's usually also a clue for when your mind is trying to tell you something.)

Hayate's mouth confessed that he loves Athena when he says it to Hinagiku, and later to Athena herself. His body language when they interact after defeating Midas, however, says differently (which is what I was trying to get across to you in our debate).
The body language is what's important.
Such is just one instance of what Nagi means when she says earlier that 'words
Words are important if you want to understand a novel, a story, or manga written by an author in their words and if you want to understand their intentions. If you only using the bodily movements of the characters, all you are doing is just making your own assumptions on the author's art (without knowing his intention through his words).

Isn't that obvious that he was confession to Athena, not toward Hina (even without the art)? Uggghh....Don't tell me you think he confessed that to Hina...

Did you not see the way Hayate embraced Athena after Midas' defeated. Like this: http://www.mangareader.net/203-47294...apter-260.html

What is this "differently" behavior you are speaking of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Now that I think about it, Athena has had the Shirozakura with her ever since she left the Royal Garden. It's not too farfetched that it's connected to her power in some way even though she (apparently) can't wield it herself.
She wielded the sword before 10 years ago, and she's most likely the person who put the sword in Machina.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote