View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 08:30   Link #107
Sol Falling

Great work on yet another chapter. Wow, the extent of all of these different possibilities and the endings they lead to is really fascinating.

On the Mami romance route, I see that there is only one route which will lead to continuing developments in the story: Sayaka becoming a magical girl. The cases where both Madoka and Sayaka either reject becoming magical girls or decide to do so together are interesting in being bittersweet, with the losses of one or the other of the characters, yet in the end still leading to some degree of happiness. I have to admit, the new development where mahou shoujo are able to cleanse their Soul Gems by making love to each other seemed like an amazingly convenient solution to the story, but it is still such an amusing and fun addition to the story that it wasn't bad at all. I did feel particularly sad for Kyouko, somewhat, in how Sayaka rejected her advances and chose to die as a hero.

The route where Madoka pushes Sayaka alone to become a mahou shoujo is pretty suspenseful. Although Hitomi isn't there to threaten Sayaka's romance with Kyousuke in this one, I can't help but wonder whether Sayaka hasn't still rushed towards her doom. The new "idea" by Mami is pretty interesting in that effect; I wonder what it is, and whether it'll really be enough to reach a happy ending.

Also, at the same time, the alienating effect of Madoka alone staying back and not becoming a mahou shoujo might end up distancing her in her relationship with Mami. Beyond that, I've also noticed a certain lack of Homura in this route where Madoka's already committed herself to a romance with Mami. I imagine there's good reason for that--Homura saved Mami, only to somehow have enabled a romantic relationship between her and Madoka--there's a certain fairly strong element of NTR there, lol. I am curious as to how Homura will come back into things on that side of the story.

Now as to the Mami-Friendship side of the developments. Haha, I have to agree with some other posters that the shy/awkward MadoSaya romantic scenes are extremely cute. However, at the present moment, the immediate threats or conflict do seem to be somewhat subdued. You mentioned that this would've been your personally preferred route as well, so I wonder what you have in mind.

With regards to the issues you've brought up about whom to inform about Madoka and Sayaka's relationship. Kogetsu Shirogane did make a good point about how it feels like we've lead Mami on. Having disappointed Mami's romantic hopes, I do wonder whether there'd be any smooth or tactful way to inform her that Madoka's instead formed a romantic relationship with Sayaka.

(Also, as far as Hitomi's "forbidden love" comments go--I do wonder whether Hitomi's exaggerated reactions to this kind of stuff haven't hidden a buried attraction to yuri herself (lol). As one tentative step towards the polyamourous possibilities of this story, given that Madoka and Sayaka are both still normal girls, I wonder if Madoka and Sayaka's sympathy to Hitomi's jealousy over their relationship might not be able to rope Hitomi into it :P. Given Madoka's timid personality (at least in this timeline), we may need to start small somewhere if she is ever to become a glorious Harem Queen.)

As for the last possibility of this chapter, where Madoka's friendzoned both Mami and Sayaka but now has a chance with Homura--I have to admit, that this route was very tempting. Unfortunately though, I wouldn't have had enough Homuhomu affection points to have obtained that choice anyway so it's just as well that I stuck with my natural decision to get involved with Sayaka. Still though, I'm quite eager to see the future developments there.

As for the chain where Madoka friendzoned Mami and Sayaka and didn't have enough affection points to open the route with Homura, she's now currently looking very lonely. I can't help wondering whether that'll lead to Bad End for Madoka there. Good stuff though. I'm also curious where you'll lead that route of the story.

Pretty massive chapter full of fascinating possibilities this time. Good work. Thanks for all your updates thus far, and do keep it up.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote