View Single Post
Old 2014-03-02, 12:02   Link #110
Shadow5YA

As much as I enjoyed (the first) Symphonia, I really don't think the battle system has aged well. The lack of Free Run/3D movement even when the AI can still do it makes it pretty obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, playing through Chronicles, and my god... that AI. So stupid. Why is it that it doesn't seem to understand "stay away" doesn't mean "walk right next to the boss and stand there"? I honestly don't know if I'll be able to finish the game like this. I'm only up to the Palmacosta Human Ranch boss (Magnius), and I've already had to just stop and put the game down for a few hours due to pure frustration with the AI.

Really making me miss Xillia's AI that I got used to.
In the Strategy option, you have to set their TP use to "all out". Generally if their TP drops below a certain threshold (easier in the early game), they will resort to mashing their basic attacks, even if they're mages like Genis and Raine who have no business using their normal attacks.

It's best that you fine tune each of the parameters instead of relying on their preset strategy. I'd give more suggestions, but I can't remember what they were off the top of my head.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2014-03-02 at 12:25.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote