Chaos2Frozen
Spherical Cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
^ But DEEN are good now! DEEN > GAINAX.
Is this about Sankarea > Medaka ?

Quote:
Yeah J.C Staff are one of the most sequel friendly studios around.. so that does bode well for multiple seasons of Little Busters. And yeah the amount of shows with top notch visuals are low.... I still think Index 2 received less budget because it sold far less than Railgun.. yet the sales increased over S1 anyway.. so s3 + Movie should look good.
Actually, I think the budget was just better managed in Railgun... Maybe having more SoL moments might have something to do with it as well, I don't know. Index II should have received a slightly higher budget than S1, just look at the difference in the background- The entire city was luminous at night!

Quote:
But a lot of shows they put out are stuff that honestly doesn't deserve top notch budgets... and heck even gorgeous animation wouldn't have made them hits.. look @ Nichijou by Kyoto Animation as a prime example, argubly their best animated work and yet one of the worst selling titles they have produced...
Well, I always felt that all their shows outside of the Fall Seasons are just something to pass time with They weren't really banking on them...

Quote:
J.C Staffs main problem has always been the amount of work they undertake at once...
Agreed, if they cut down on shows then maybe they wouldn't be stretch too thin... But then again, I'm guessing there's some behind-the-scenes reasons?

Quote:
That's a massive shift in the amount of shows they've been doing, obviously Fall will get more shows with Little Busters more than likely being 1 of them... and who knows when Joshiraku will air and you have the Index Movie... but only 1 show airing during Spring, a major season? And only 1 confirmed for Summer.. when most shows are already announced? Quite a change from the usual J.C Staff, so while it won't obviously look as good as Kyoto Animations works.. I still expect it to look good which is all that matters.

I've almost given up on them changing their 'strategy', but it looks like they might actually be doing that by focusing on one-two series per season like the other studios?