View Single Post
Old 2009-08-28, 23:01   Link #17
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Hm .... I'm still waiting for a reply to my argument.

If this was only about the torrent page I'd say just let it run as it is. Redundancy alone would be reason enough. But the fact that the torrent page exists has consequences for the forum.

Frankly, I feel stupid using acronyms like TT because we all know what it stands for. I, you, and Funimation too. Or talking about that "torrent archive that recently changed its name" because we all know which it is. Or "the fansubbers who are still doing [FMA2] openly" because we all know who is doing it. It's a bit like living in some backwards dictatorship and toasting to the 102 percent election result of our glorious President because the secret police (= Funimation's lawyers) is in the room.

And worse than not being able to talk about the things everybody knows are of course the things I do *not* know. At least I'm sure I'm severely out of the loop about a lot of things from lurking at ... other places every now and then which I often leave much wiser. It's just that I don't like these place so much so I prefer not to visit them so often.But from my rare visits I can extrapolate.

Leaving the legal gray area would give us a better position to defend the right we actually have and we could lift most restrictions of forum rule 1.1.