View Single Post
Old 2012-06-03, 10:08   Link #69
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If there's one criticism of Okada that i think even her biggest fans should admit to, it's yeah, she clearly has issues with men.
Well here's Okada herself about seeing live action action actors perform the black butler musical she wrote:

Quote:
-And what were your impressions after seeing the finished musical?
Okada - They were all such cool and handsome men (LOL). I'm not really good with 3D handsome men. But as soon as they wore the costumes they all turned into 2.5D and I thought "wow!".
There's also something else she said about the musical that I found interesting:

Quote:
even though my scenario was full of stupid things she (the director) managed to make it feel so high-quality and wonderful. I'm really grateful to her for her direction (LOL).
So Okada isn't in denial about writing stupid stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
I never said that it was.
Then I missunderstood you

I took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
And I'm not sure if we'd have as many anime originals over the past two years if not for Mari Okada.
As meaning she's the only reason as to why there was a rise in anime originals.

I'm not saying she hasn't achieved anything,but I don't why one should single her out when to me it's all been a team effort,I'm certain Nagai and Ando contributed to Ano Hana and HSI's success.Nagai went on to direct Ano Natsu as well showing he doesn't need Okada to find success.