Old 2006-05-06, 23:17   Link #44
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFrame
usoda? meaning ...
i think its "liar " right or wrong ?
honestly if there is realy someone who goes like that when i lied ... i think i will be wet my pants.....
It literally means "It's/that's a lie". Liar would be "usotsuke" or "usotsuki". But in this case, it probably doesn't matter either way though. The point is, Rena is accusing Keiichi of lying (or rather, she knew he was lying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
is any of the Higurashi game cg scary on it's own....or is it just the atmosphere that's creepy....?
CG... heh, other than ONE event CG in Tsumihoroboshi (I wonder what came over Ryukishi07-san for that scene ^^; ), there are no CGs in Higurashi to speak of other than the character portraits. And as you can see, the "scarier" ones, like kj's post of the "Usoda!" Rena, are not exactly the scariest things in the world.

But just like kj said, the game's mood comes from a combination of the atmospheric, visual, and audio elements. The sounds (which include background musics + sound effects) were particularly effective (it's called a sound novel, after all) in implanting all sort of feelings, ranging from fear to sorrow to horror (as well as calmness, joy, excitement, etc.), into the reader as the story moved along.

This is why some of us gamers are a little disappointed when the anime didn't feature any of the musics tracks or sounds from the game; because they played a huge part in identifying Higurashi for what it is.

Anyway, today's... weapon:

And some works by Yu-ji-san of OVERALL QUARTER (fellow Gil-sama lover ^^):

I used that Satoko wallpaper for quite a while myself ^^.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote