View Single Post
Old 2004-06-06, 06:37   Link #94
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
It is an error. How AnimeOne-ANBU translated 秋 "Aki" as Spring when it means Autumn/Fall, one can only wonder.
we're not entirely sure how that went unfixed. That's leftover from our old templates... as is the mircx thing. In the qc process, that and several other things were commented on but for some undisclosable reason were not fixed. I'm not going to comment publicly on whose fault it was, but said person is already higher up on my list of people whose shins need stabbing.

The episode we released was from a raw from the same places as our other raws. One of our usual providers has the dvd on order, but for some reason it isn't there yet. He's very pissed off about that... but just like we did with ep 1, we are planning on a DVD-sourced release when the man's dvd comes in. The unfixed mistakes have been/will be fixed, or I'll be personally hunting people down and stabbing them in the shins with my pocketknife. And it's not a sharp pocketknife, lemme tell you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xu_henry_ca
Have you noticed the lately fansubbed episode 4 is only about 234MB? This is significantly smaller than the previous three episodes in size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Likely Aone-Anbu's file is smaller because they went with stereo rather than a AC3 5.1 release and a smaller screen size than the raw version.
ac3 isn't that much bigger, to be honest. It's just more of a pain to work with/support, not everyone can play it and maybe one in 30 benefit from it in any way. It's all well and good to give people the ac3 track I suppose, and for the few (I really don't know how many, but I know of only one out of my many friends that has a real 5.1 system hooked up to his computer) ... well ... that's what dvds are for :-p.

Filesize will be a function of video resolution and quality settings (and the skill of the encoder). Our dvd release will be ~350 like our previous ones, because with the fast motion and with a good quality video source, it'll actually benefit from that (unlike our raw-sourced version, which really wouldn't have).
complich8 is offline   Reply With Quote