View Single Post
Old 2008-07-05, 12:19   Link #54
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako1138 View Post
This show definitely has more personality than I expected. It's not entirely original by any means, but there's a nice freshness and energy to the production....
Absolutely. And episode 3 keeps it going, even ramps it up a bit, for me. This is clearly a show for kids, but the look, the voices, the characters, and even the major outlines of the story so far are keeping me watching. So far.

I think the animation and backgrounds work beautifully together. And I think the OP and ED songs may be the best of this young season, for my taste. I like the animation of both, too, especially of the OP. Katou Emiri continues to shine, and Ueda Kana's Kansai-ben came in handy this episode, lol.

As for Dennou Coil, Sorrow-K, I could just never get into it. The characters didn't draw me in, and the story seemed limp to me. So I have never understood the widespread admiration for anything other than the animation. I have some episodes stored away so I can go back someday and try to get it. This show clearly has lower ambitions, but it's fulfilling them so far.

And cynicalicious -- yes, I heard what you heard.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote