View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 02:04   Link #446
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think your definition of what is "trivial" is much different from my own. I think the anime as presented makes sense, and you do not need any additional novel explanations to understand it. I think there are points where the understanding is enhanced through the additional information presented... but I don't remember anything "game-changing" that was revealed that way. Certainly nothing that has any material impact on the plot as presented. So I think your insinuation about the writers is really off-base. They were assigned the task of adapting this story into 14 episodes, and incorporated as much content as possible in that time. There were details lost in the conversion from original novel to script to animation that are the result of so many people having an impact on how things turn out, but this isn't anything beyond the norm for any adaptation. To insinuate that there were "internal conflicts" or that the writers were "getting high" is just silly. The level of detail that you apparently require is likely more than they could have hoped to accomplish in the time available, and that isn't necessarily their fault or choice. Considering this is an on-going novel series (currently up to novel 10), I think it also makes sense for them to move on to what's next (so that we can have a hope of having the whole series adapted some day). And as much as some people say they wish that this arc had been allowed to go on for the entire two-cour run, I think I'll reserve judgement until I see how the show actually ends.

I'm not saying that your disappointment is wrong. But your insinuations are way too provocative and dismissive. Constructive criticism is welcome, but you're just in rant mode.
Further more, as an anime watcher, I've never felt the need to have any of the novel information. A lot of it can be easily assumed from subtext. Other things I don't even notice are missing.

To me, personally, none of the stuff that happened lately, including Kirito walking, is impossible. Just rather unlikely. Plus he's not running any marathons. The stuff where Asuna overcomes her paralysis AND Kirito attacking despite having died, also not impossible. We know unexpected things happen from time to time, and we know that there is an unspecified delay between a character dying, and the killswitch activating. Besides, since when is anything impossible in a video game?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote