Thread: Halo: 4
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-03, 22:27   Link #751
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Palmer is a career soldier and a proud one. She didn't get to command a whole regiment of Spartans for nothing. Being a hardass does go with the territory.

Although I doubt Halsey has any idea she's been communicating with Jul 'Mdama. She probably thinks it's just another Forerunner AI. Then again, even that constitutes a breach of security anyway (bringing onboard another unidentified Forerunner artifact, which could've been booby-trapped).
I am pretty confident Halsey knew what she was doing. As for Palmer, there are two possibilities why she is very wary of Halsey. Either Palmer wasn't fully informed about the Spartan II program or she has a similar mentality of Naomi.

Halsey isn't one to make a move without knowing risks. If I was a High Ranking Officer and Hasley and Palmer were at each other necks about a situation, I would pick Halsey over Palmer when to make a move. Palmer is a career soldier, but she does not even have 10 percent of Halsey's knowledge of forerunner technology and the covenant most likely. Also, anyone would probably listen to an old women who happen to have gotten her second doctoral degree by age 15.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote