View Single Post
Old 2013-05-03, 09:17   Link #653
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But these aren't shown to be flaws because he is a kid. He acts in total control the whole time.

Now granted this might change at the end, but I still don't expect it to be because he is a teenager in over his head.

I can see Yamato had a strict upbringing but I guess I disagree with you that his personality flaws can't manifest in a grown up.
I never said it wasn't possible for an adult to have the same flaws. I said it was less possible. It's less believable to have a sheltered adult than it is to have a sheltered child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
It's just not believable to me that this character is a kid. And I am not talking about his "role" in the story but how he acts.
He's supposed to act older than his age. Nothing about his position or upbringing is normal. I think I can suspend my disbelief considering I don't know how a 17-year-old raised from the ground up to be a government leader is supposed to act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
Yamato is kind of a genius, yes he is 17, but he is not a kid, his upbringing make his mental age much older than his age, see how he act in the flash back when he was 5?
I will agree with this, however. The anime original flashback was a bit much.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote