Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-14, 20:48   Link #2276
Dusk_
Forever Fallen

Send a message via MSN to Dusk_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Not to answer a question with a question or anything, but has anyone considered that Negi could have multiple Permanent Contracts? I specifically recall Chamo mentioning when the Pactios were first introduced that most mages are only able to have a single Permanent Contract. And if there's one thing we all know for certain, it's that Negi's not "most mages".

As a matter of fact, if we go with the "Dark/Light combo path" theory for Negi's future growth, upgrading Negi's pactios with his teammates into the permanent form may be what is required to give them the boost they need to be able to support Negi against Fate at his full strength.

Rakan did say it would take years for Negi to master the path of light; maybe he was referring to the time it would take for Negi to grow up enough to form permanent contracts. If that's the case, then the magic could possibly be fudged or deceived if it perceives Negi as being mentally grown up, which may demand something like him maturing a little more and possibly getting over his tendency to try to handle things all by himself.
Well, you're forgetting that for all intents and purposes a Permanent Contract is equivalent to a marriage proposal.

Well, not really, but for Negi and his harem it's basically considered as much. Remember, every time we get some slight innuendo about "being his partner" we get the obligatory "Is her confessing?!". I'm pretty sure the first chapters that explained Pactios also mentioned that it was much like a marriage proposal as well, though I could have muddied my memory.
Dusk_ is offline   Reply With Quote