View Single Post
Old 2004-12-21, 17:54   Link #81
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Mm. I disagree. Shikamaru & Kiba stalling until help arrives - especially since they weren't expecting help - not really a big Win for the Leaf ninjas.

I can't possibly think of how Temari used a good amount of brainpower in defeating Tayuya, what with the Super-wind attack and the summon.

Same with Kankurou - one quick capture and it was all over...

Gaara most definitely did not favor brains over power in his battle with Kimimaro.
My main point though, is not necessarily that every fight is intellectual, but that not every fight is just 'bust out level-up/fusion/combination power that makes you really strong'. Shikamaru and Kiba stalled against much more powerful people because they identified weaknesses in their opponents' techniques. The point of Temari vs. Tayuya was not that she outsmarted her, but that her style was well suited to beating Tayuya's style, even though Tayuya was likely much stronger.

Kankuro and Gaara were sort of like non-fights, since their opponents were well worn. But the point stands, very few fights are just 'power up and compare energy levels'.