View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 23:08   Link #35
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Do check out creepypasta if this sort of stuff excites you (on top of making you lose your precious sleeping time).

Anyways, I guess I'll share a few personal experiences. I swear these are 100% real.

1. It's about 11 PM on a dark night and I'm walking home alone. As always, I have my iPhone playing music through a pair of solid earbuds on my walk.

As I slowly continue to walk, I suddenly ask to myself..."why aren't the streetlights lit?". Without fail, every light in the town comes on at 7 PM and stays on until 5 AM, so there was no reason they should have been out.

A little bit creepy, but I think nothing more on it. Things even look hopeful as I see a few building lights in the distance and a streetlight that was still semi-functional. It looked like it was having a bit of trouble though, giving small flickers within the bulb but not anything really visible. "Maybe it's recovering from an outage or something", I thought. Then, I pass under the light and it goes crazy. As the light goes on and off at a frightening pace, my music is doing the exact same thing...in the exact same pattern.

That wasn't the worst of it. Those lights I saw in the background did the same. I shoved the earbuds into my pocket and sprinted to my destination where I learned that someone I had known for a long time had died that night.

2. It took me longer than others to get over being afraid of the dark. When I was 4, the battering winds against our rickety apartment convinced me that the house was alive and moving with a vengeance. I could never sleep.

What really cemented my fear of the dark (and my now mysterious fascination with it) was an incident that occurred when I was 11. I had no real problems sleeping in the dark at this point.

It was pitch black in the morning when I was awakened by a creaking noise. I check the door to see it had been opened. It was already scary because I had closed and locked the door before sleeping, as I was used to doing this to prevent my friends sneaking in at night to play pranks on me. So now the door was open and after the creaking, there was no noise. Without a choice, I slowly got up and closed the door.

Later on during the night, I hear the creaking again. Raise my head to see that the door's open again. I made sure to lock the door, so at this point it was terrifying. I snuck out to sleep on the sofa so I could leave the TV on, and I heard nothing else during the night.

"What a strange coincidence, having that door open twice", I thought in the morning. Then I felt some light stinging on my arms and legs. When I went to have my morning shower, there were long, thin cuts on my arms and legs. About 6 in total, but they ran down about halfway on each limb. Even scarier, a couple had already turned into scabs. I had absolutely nothing on my arms and legs before sleeping.

So yeah, someone's trying to murder me somehow. I seriously hope I'm not cursed.