View Single Post
Old 2008-03-28, 05:39   Link #1096
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
How about, because the more a world can be rationalized into our well known real world, the more we can make predictions about it.
Ironically, all the technobable and forcefull adherence to the Laws of Physics has only resulted in everything making less and less sence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I must wonder then what is the purpose of this thread. Do you realize that BJs are not only this thread's latest topic, but also its first major topic? Look at the front of the thread, and see people bring in real life analogies and trying to rationalize it in physics. But when I come in, everything disintegrates into "Its magic". Is it because I discover unpleasant truths?
Actually, its more because you label things that clearly happen in the anime (Barrier Jackets shielding wearers from getting chukked through reinforced concrete) as 'impossible' and use that as a base to completely demolish everything on that base. You start contradicting things on the sole base that they would be 'impossible' according to the Laws of Physics.

This does not work for anime, or many other settings that use fantasy ellements. Nanoha is no exception, take Yuuno effortlessly transforming into a ferret and back again. Bye bye law of conservation of mass.

Explanations don't always need to adhere 100% to the Laws of Physics when an anime is about magic, a setting that in itself doesn't even exist, much less can be measured.