View Single Post
Old 2013-10-03, 13:21   Link #51
J4n1

I like Issei as a character for the most part, but the sheer obsession on boobs kinda hurts the character.

And i wish we'd get shown more of his actual power level, but that's often a problem with combat light novels, no matter how good the characters are, their opponents keep ramped up equally for every fight so they never actually look strong even while being told how strong they are (total fail in the "show, don't tell" part, same thing often happens with the intelligent, persuasive and tactical genius characters), some of the best fight scenes was the ranking match with that devil guy, and the first time that Issei went into juggernaut mode and ate that one asshole (that was badass, pity we won't see anymore of that).

iI like the whole series, but i wish the fanservice was scaled down by a LOT, because it distracts from the story (i fucking hate the whole oppai dragon and switch princess idea), but i keep reading becuase the story between the ecchi scenes is good enough to make it worth it to suffer through the ecchi parts.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote