View Single Post
Old 2009-09-08, 15:22   Link #1030
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fainessae View Post
And honestly, I think everyone knew that'd be her fate, which is a bit unfortunate that Sunrise went with such an obvious decision. XD
I keep hearing this time and time again. Everyone says her death was completely obvious. But not for me it wasn't. Certainly not back in season 1. Maybe it's because I didn't watch Code Geass linearly, but I honestly didn't expect it to happen. I mean, I had a feeling something was going to happen after Turn 12, but I think it was THAT. Really, I just didn't think the CG staff would be that cruel.

Quote:
@seinen v. shounen - CG, I'd say, is just the darker end of shounen. It had the opportunity, with the end of season one, to become very seinen, but they chose the idealistic shounen route for R2, which is actually one of my biggest regrets about the show on the whole. I was happiest back in season one, during episodes 23-25, when it was starting to show it's dark underbelly. But no, the "I saved the world, and the world is pretty because of me" ending isn't very seinen at all. XD
That's the problem is that I haven't really read too much seinen (and by that I mean I've read no seinen XD) But yeah, you do have a point that CG seems to be a very larger-than-life take-on-the-world story (a very dark one, mind you) So yeah, if Death Note is shonen than I guess Code Geass can be too).
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote