View Single Post
Old 2011-09-28, 21:21   Link #437
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 53: It Approaches! The Human World's Doomsday, D5!!

One, one more episode left for me to watch the finalé. It's been a thrilling journey, that ran over one year. I'm glad to have learned that Xros Wars will continue on next Sunday with the beginning of its third season.

Now, I'm taking a look at things of what transpired in the penultimate episode.

Spoiler:

Darkness Bagramon's D5 scenario paid meaningful moments to the end of the world scenario witnessed at the final battles for Digimon Adventure, Digimon Tamers, and Digimon Frontier.

We found out that DarknessBaguramon is actually a speciest, deeming the human as worthy and not deserving of life. The human world got in his way towards his conquest and reunification of all dimensions and gave it reason enough to erase it. However, once Baguramon absorbed DarkKnightmon's soul, the resultant DarknessBaguramon became stimulated by his late little-brother's ambition and plans and slightly reverted his standing against the human world; he has invaded it to reformat it to his ideal image and take everything with it.

It felt nostalgic to me that they took notice at revisiting old themes from the very earlier arcs that shaped the formation of Xros Heart United Army and which continue to be Taiki's staples: Taiki's view and attitude towards not leaving alone others that need help, and Shoutmon's desired dream to become the Digital King for the protection of others.
Those are ideals and convictions worth fighting for our heroes.

Let's see how the last episode fares, although I do miss for a personal plea that they should had played the piano version of "Butterfly" (Adventure OP theme) while Taiki was desperately struggling with Shoutmon's loss inside the unknown dimension that DarknessBaguramon sent them to.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote