View Single Post
Old 2012-09-23, 09:17   Link #167
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Then that kind of person shouldn't be able to turn a piece of proprietary AI software into a game object to be saved to the user's hardware. The commands for that shouldn't exist, and a scrub shouldn't have the right to use them if they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard
Which suggests that he's copied her data to the computer he's running SAO on. Which doesn't strike me as being odd, really, if a GM finds something odd he's going to want to look at it off-line in a test environment. You don't see many MMO GM's testing things in live production (at least, I personally wouldn't play a MMO with that level of testing / lack of).
hmmm, didn't I touch on this exact point in my post? Fine, whatever, you see it as being overly complicated, I see it as being perfectly common-sense. Don't know what to tell you really. Most of the time if you tell a GM you've found a bug they'll try to replicate it off-line and test it. So copying a broken piece of code to look at in a test environment seems reasonable to me.

If you can't accept that reasoning, I recommend you never ever watch a Hollywood film involving hacking... because your head will explode, "I'm going to take my apple laptop into space and hack into the enemies computer system and win the war..."

I just love the fact that we're having issues with the notion that someone can copy a piece of code... and NOT finding fault in the idea that someone can design a MMO that's totally self-reliant and doesn't need human intervention, and that can counsel psychological issues without needing a human shrink!

Seriously? I mean... really? This is what we're getting hung up on?
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote